Tuesday 12 November 2013

Palak Kofta Curry

PALAK KOFTA CURRY is my third post on Palak. Because that's the only spinach I eat and don't be surprised if I post one more palak recipe ;) My previous posts were Palak Paneer and Palak Chicken where the curry is exactly the same. For this Palak Kofta Curry, I have simply taken the curry recipe from the Palak Paneer and the kofta recipe from my Malai Kofta Curry post. So I have not given any recipes or cooking instructions here since I have just brought together two recipes. So you can go back to those older posts for recipe and cooking instructions. 

Serves 3 - 4




That's mashed potatoes, chopped cashews, grated or crumbled paneer, garam masala, coriander leaves, cumin powder, salt and plain flour. 



The filling needs to be mixed well by hand. Adding plain flour will hold the filling together when shaping. Alternatively you can add a slice crumbled bread too.


Make balls from the fillings. 


I have dipped the kofta balls in corn flour and water mixture before deep frying. This holds the kofta together when frying and also adds a nice crunch to it.  



Don't they look gorgeous. Once deep fried let them sit on tissue paper to absorb any excess grease. I always make koftas in excess than I actually need. Because some tend to land in my tummy before it goes into the curry ;) 


Drop the koftas in the curry few mins before serving. Serve hot with roti or Naan


Like ShobsKitchen On FaceBook

Happy Cooking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Author

Search this blog