Tuesday 5 March 2013

Veggie Skewers

DSC03905 My husband loves the Chicken Tikka I make, which are totally guilt free indulgence. But unlike me, veggies are his favourite. Ever since the first time he tasted the tikka, he kept insisting me to come up with a veggie version. And finally, here it is. VEGGIE SKEWERS! 

Not the same marinade of the tikka but something I randomly put together. No gourmet ingredients, just the spices you will always have in your pantry. You can skewer any veggie together, just make sure they are not too juicy or they fall apart. I don’t have a tandoor, so I do it in the oven. If you have a tandoor, then its bonus for you (that smoky flavour, ah heaven)! I have used my Home Made Garam Masala in the marinade, but you can also use store bought one (but am sure there will be slight difference in taste). Best served with Mayonnaise,  Coriander Mint & Yogurt Dip and Whole Wheat Pita Bread.

Amply Serves 2 People.


DSC03908

You Will Need:

For The Marinade:

1/2 Cup of Low Fat Yogurt (NOT SOUR)
1 tsp of Ginger garlic Paste
1 tsp of Home Made Garam Masala or Store Bought one
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
3 tbsp Oil
Salt To Taste

Other Ingredients:

200g of Button Mushrooms
1 Yellow Bell Pepper Cubed
1/2 Green Bell Pepper Cubed
1/2 Red Bell Pepper Cubed
2 Deseeded Tomatoes Cubed
1 Zucchini Thickly Sliced
1 Onion Diced
Metal or Bamboo Skewers

The Cooking:

Whisk together all the ingredients for the marinade. Place all the cut veggies on a plate or a bowl. Pour over the marinade and mix well. Let it sit for 30 min.

Now skewer the veggies through the skewers and grill them on the tandoor, or in a preheated oven at 200c for 15 min brushing with butter / oil in between (or totally skip that, I never do it).
Happy Cooking!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Author

Search this blog