Thursday 30 May 2013

Pan Seared Lobster!

I made this PAN SEARED LOBSTER way before I even started blogging. And last night I found this somewhere in my mobile gallery and here I am sharing the recipe with you. I have never cooked or had a lobster before and this was one hell of a experience for me. One of my dad’s friend actually bought this Lobster and he had no idea of what to do with it. In fact he was terrified even looking at it. So since my mom cooks a whole lot of variations with meat & seafood, he gave it away to my dad. And I was so excited to see my had come home with a lobster. I had no idea how to crack open it and cook it. But my instincts guided me and I ended up making this delicious seared lobster with butter. There is a video in the cooking direction section of the post, to guide on how to cut open the lobster. A very simple, quick and delectable dish.

The lobster I have used here is Eastern Rock Lobster, and you can find all about it HERE!

Pan Seared Lobster1

Serves 2

Recipe Slightly Adapted from Curtis Stone’s BBQ King Prawns

You Will Need:

2 Live Eastern Rock Lobsters

For the Flavored Butter:

3 tbsp of Soft Butter
2 Cloves of Garlic, Finely Chopped
2 Red Chilies (I used green which was available to me at that time!)
Zest & Juice of a Lemon
Half of Small White Onion, Finely Chopped (Optional)
2 tbsp of Parsley, Finely Chopped (Optional)

The Cooking:

Place the lobster in the freezer for 30 – 40 mins till its numb and inactive.

In a bowl mix all ingredients for making the flavoured butter and keep aside.

Now for preparing the lobster tail for searing on the pan you can watch THIS VIDEO on YouTube. For some reason I couldn't embed the video in the post, so just follow the link And in that video he also shows how to make butterfly cuts in the tail but that’s really not required here. So follow the video and keep the tail ready.

Just score the center of the tail and apply the flavoured butter. Heat a pan on medium high and place the lobster. The lobster needs to cook for just 5 mins not more. Cook on medium heat glazing the lobster with the juices the lobster gives out. Once done transfer the lobster to a plate and top it off with the fried onions, parsley, garlic & chilli from the pan and glaze with the browned butter.

Serve Hot

Important Pointers:

For Presentation purpose you can leave the tail shell on the lobster and sear it. 


Like ShobsKitchen On FaceBook

Happy Cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Author

Search this blog